- Identify and assess the audiences for consultation and communication
- Who is at risk or vulnerable
- Who is affected by the issue in other ways
- Will the stakeholders you identified have the opportunity to recommend other stakeholders to consults
- Determine the categories of stakeholders you may want to include, such as:
- Professional associations, health institutions, health professionals, thought leaders
- Funders, regulators, industry partners, suppliers
- Patient advocacy groups, affected patients, donors, current or former travellers to a region, general public.
- Using the Stakeholder Identification Tool, place each stakeholder category in the quadrant (Q1, Q2, Q3, or Q4) that best represents their level of interest and influence.
- Assess the status of your operation’s current relationship with each of the stakeholders:
- Green: positive/constructive
- Yellow: neutral/ambivalent or non-existent
- Red: challenging/negative or adversarial.
Additional detail on identifying and assessing the audiences of consultation and communication